About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, friend, and entrepreneur...my desire is to see women come together as friends with fun things to share! To use creativity to enjoy life and hopefully make a little money at times :) I enjoy exploring these things- I hope you enjoy them too!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

"For the Birds"

I love to find new purpose for old things, like many of you- AND, I love to search stores like Goodwill for great buys!
Here is a Bird Feeder I made out of 2 existing plates- one was already painted like a beautiful sunflower, so I painted the other one to match...

Then I just glued the two together using Gorilla Glue (which is amazing stuff)! It's also water proof... Now I can't decide whether to stake it in the yard, or hang it on chain...either way, it will be a unique bird feeder for about $7 total
 

Here's another idea for the birds!
I was able to use a couple of things I already had and wasn't using- a metal plant stand, and a handful of colorful rocks- and combined it with...this beautiful bowl from, once again, the Goodwill!! 
There was a hole in the bottom, so I super-glued one of the rocks over it and let it dry, thereby allowing it to hold water! I know, genius, right? ;)


The plate was so beautiful on it's own, I just couldn't resist!!  Hope you enjoy!
Here's a closeup!
BTW- The birds loved it!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment